We are a dispensing practice and dispense for the majority of our patients except for those living in Sherburn-in-Elmet, South Milford and Thorpe Willoughby
Patients on regular medication do not always need to see a doctor for a repeat of their medicines. To request a repeat of your prescription you can use one of the following options:-
- Hand in your repeat slip at reception
- Ring the main surgery number and use the automated repeat prescription Option (please note you must get a PIN number from the surgery first)
- Order online - to use this option you will need to complete a "SystmOnline Application" form, click here to go to the Patient Resources page where you will be able to print and complete the form. This will enable you to request a repeat prescription 24 hours a day.
- Contact us using eReception, (this service is for non urgent routine enquiries ONLY).
Repeat prescriptions will be available for collection 48 hours after ordering from the first working day the repeat was requested i.e.:
- Dispensing patients (who live within the boundaries of the surgery dispensing area) requested Saturday evening – collection Wednesday am, requested Tuesday am - collection Thursday am.
- Non dispensing patients (who live within 1 mile of a chemist ) request Saturday evening – collection from chemist of choice Wednesday am, request Monday am - collection Wednesday.
Out of Hours urgent medicines can be obtained by calling NHS 111. Your request will then be assessed.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Electronic Prescription Service for Non-Dispensing Patients
If a patient wishes they can nominate a chosen pharmacy and their prescription can be sent electronically from the surgery to the pharmacy so that the patient does not have to come to the surgery to pick it up. This service is available for most patients, however there are certain types of drugs that cannot be ordered in this way and if you are prescribed those items you would continue with the present system.
If you are a patient for whom the surgery dispenses your medication, this would continue without any change. You do not need to change how your medication is ordered and dispensed.
If you would like to use the Electronic Prescription system then you need to call into your chosen pharmacy and set up your nomination with them. This should be one at the pharmacy and not at the surgery.
For further information please read the Electronic Prescription Service Patient Leaflet